So what we have now?
- SD2IEC - I made it myself.
- Mini LCD screen - Simple small rear view car LCD screen
- Build-in stereo amplifier with nice speakers
- Stereo SID - I made it myself.
- C64 original ROM and JiffyDOS OS with OS switch that auto reset on change.
- 12V DC input - I can power my device using any common 12V 2A power source or RC Li-Poly battery.
Last days I do another round of upgrading my C64. I installed two pulse converters to get 5V and 9V DC to power my device. I decided to use DC to DC converters because I planed to use battery to power the device and I don't want to loose any energy from it. I added 12V power socked and RC Li-Poly battery socked. My C64 is fully portable device now. Common 2200mAh RC battery is enough to power C64 for 1.5 hour. To protect Li-Poly battery from discharging it to low I added simple RC voltage monitor that will buzz if voltage is below 3.3V.
Info about previous modifications you can find here:
Some actual photos: